Now, more than ever before, young people are using e-cigarettes.
- The use of e-cigarettes is unsafe for kids, teens, and young adults.
- Most e-cigarettes contain nicotine.
- Nicotine is highly addictive and can harm adolescent brain development, which continues into the early to mid-20s.
- E-cigarettes can contain other harmful substances besides nicotine.
- Young people who use e-cigarettes may be more likely to smoke cigarettes in the future.
Tobacco-Free Action of Columbia & Greene Counties
Tobacco-Free Action advocates for policy change that reduces exposure to secondhand smoke, makes tobacco products less visible and accessible, and makes tobacco use more expensive, less convenient, and less socially acceptable.
NYS Smoker’s Quitline: 1-866-NY-QUITS (1-866-697-8487)